Phone the Social Fund contact number to get in touch with the Social Fund customer services to speak to a representative about your Social Fund budgeting loan or getting further help from the Jobcentre Plus. The Social Fund phone number is open between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Fridays and is closed during the weekends.
Social Fund Contact Number
0870 280 0477
Through the UK Social Fund, qualifying individuals are entitled to different forms of assistance by the government. This includes Budgeting Loans. A Budgeting Loan refers to an interest-free loan that is intended to spread the cost of one-off expenditures over an extended period. It can come in handy towards the cost of different items such as traveling expenses, footwear, clothing, and certain debts. These loans must be repaid. In addition to Budgeting Loans, there are other types of assistance. Calling the Social Fund number is the best way to learn more about what assistance is available and how to apply.
Social Fund Enquiries
The easiest and fastest way to ask questions and request information is to call the Social Fund contact number. The Social Fund phone number is available from 08:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday and closed on weekends. If you would like to send an email, there is the option to do this through the HMRC website. To discuss specific forms of assistance in person, visit a Jobcentre Plus location near you. HM Revenue & Customs and Jobcentre Plus are both located on social media, but these pages may not be the best option for attempting to contact Social Fund representative.
Available Types of Assistance
In addition to the Budgeting Loan, other types of assistance available include:
- Sure Start Maternity Grants – These grants help to offset things for your newborn. Sure Start Maternity Grants are lump sum payment that doesn’t need to be repaid.
- Cold Weather Payments – Cold Weather Payments assist towards additional heating costs whenever there is a period of frigid weather within an area.
- Funeral Payments – Funeral payments are available to help with any expenses necessary to give someone a respectful funeral. You or your partner must be the ones responsible for arranging. Funeral Payments cover different aspects of a funeral but are recoverable from the estate of a deceased if or she left one.
- Winter Fuel Payments – These payments are for people aged 60 years and above to assist towards winter heating costs.
How to Apply for Budgeting Loans
You can opt to apply for a Budgeting Loan to assist pay for important things such as hire purchase debts, moving costs, or furniture. £100 is the smallest amount one can borrow. Because Budgeting Loans are interest-free, you only pay back what you borrow. A total of 104 weeks is the amount of time you have to repay the loan.
Loan repayments come from your benefits and you should call the Social Fund number if you stop receiving them. You must agree on other ways of repaying your loan if you stop enjoying the benefits. If you have been enjoying income related benefits for the past 26 weeks, you are eligible to apply for a Budgeting Loan. Even when your application is under assessment, you must still be enjoying income related benefits.
Budgeting loans can pay for:
- Funeral or maternity expenses
- Securing, improving or maintaining your home
- Things you need to look for or begin work
- Travelling costs
- Removal costs whenever you move home
- Rent in advance whenever you find a new home to live in
- Footwear or Clothing
- Household or furniture equipment
- Repaying hire purchase or any other debts you took out to pay for any of the items above
Applicants can claim by downloading and filling form SF500 or by calling the Social Fund contact number to request that an application be mailed to them. For your claim to be fully processed, it can take approximately 15 working days. You must include your working mobile phone number to get updates on the progress of your application.
How Budgeting Loan Decisions are Made
A decision maker at Jobcentre Plus reviews and makes decisions on applications for Budgeting Loans. Guidance and directions from the Secretary of State bind him or her to making a fair decision. Under those instructions and advice, the decision maker can decide if one is eligible for help requested and the amount to be given. For Budgeting Loans, decisions are usually based on the standard treatment of client’s circumstances as directed and guided by the Secretary of State. All loan decisions are typically considered against a yearly budget. Unhappy applicants are at liberty to ask for reviews to their applications by calling the Social Fund telephone number.
After successfully applying for a loan, you can get up to:
- £348 if you are single
- £812 if you have children
- £464 if you are part of a couple
The amount of money you get depends on how qualified you are to repay the loan and whether or not you have any savings above £1,000 (or £2,000 for spouses over 61). At any one point, you cannot owe the Social Fund over £1,500 — this consists of Crisis Loans and Budgeting Loans. Ring Social Fund phone number to learn more about limits.
Qualifications for a Budgeting Loan
To qualify for Budgeted Loans, you or your partner must have been enjoying any of the following benefits for not less than 26 weeks:
- Pension Credit
- Income-related Employment and/or Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
When your application is being taken into consideration, it is mandatory to be getting one the above benefits. There are no exceptions to this rule, but you can call the phone number for Social Fund if you have questions regarding your specific benefits.